Rick Segal has pumped out a series of excellent posts over the last couple days on the topics of NDAs, term sheets, and types of deals.Â They’re well worth the read.
Term sheets, and liquidity preferences:
- The Liquidity Preference Question (references Suzi Dingwall-Williams piece Is a Liquidation Preference Acceptable)
- Annotated Term Sheet and the Secret Prize (includes a marked up term sheet from Craig Brown at Fasken Martineau)
NDAs and deal types:
- Shhhhh.Â Promise not to tell.
- Execution Play vs. the Black Box.
- A Confidential Statistic — Strictly Private.
In particular, Execution Play vs. the Black Box is a very worthwhile read.Â It’s worth knowing what kind of deal you’re presenting.