My friend, Dr. Tamas Koplyay, is hosting a local conference on open source on June 23rd.Â Titled Open Source Licenses and Business Opportunities, this conference is for decision-makers in industry and government who wish to know:
- how open source licenses and the pedigree of the code affect business opportunities, the structure of business
- transactions, and code production;
- how the open source maturity model affects the nature of the corporate lawyer;
- how to make the most from an open source community;
- the business lessons learned from open source licensing practices; and
- the reasons for the co-existence of different open source licensing models.
It looks likeÂ a terrific event.Â I’ll be in Europe for Astricon, but I’d be at this if I was here.