Jeff Pulver announced a very cool spin-out from the FWD family today, IPeerX. IPeerX is a peering exchange with 139 carriers all participating. The services they offer include:
- PSTN By-Pass
- Complete IP to IP calls without transiting the legacy PSTN and paying competitors for use of their network
- Frictionless Peering
- Peer with other VoIP providers with security and without extensive setup, expensive hardware, or fixed facilities
- Directory Listings
- Get your E.164 numbers listed on major Directory Assistance Listing Databases Worldwide through our exclusive agreement with one of the world’s largest listing agencies
- Non-SIP & Non-Standard SIP Protocol Conversions
- Organizations that have varying VoIP protocols can take full advantage of IPeerX Interconnection
- Constant Network Monitoring
- IPeerX continuously monitors all possible routes for connectivity and call quality. Use these reports to improve your service and manage your network.
- Rules Based Routing
- Set thresholds for price and quality and IPeerX will complete only those calls which meet your criteria
- Clearing and Settlements
- Set prices on services (e.g. PSTN Termination, multi-media calls, translation, etc) and be paid for them
Many have been predicting that this will be a big year for peering. When initiatives like IPeerX come along, it’s easy to become a believer.