Three ways to tweet later

A while back I discovered a service called TweetLater.  It lets you schedule and send a twitter message at a later time, when you might not be able to do so.  I use it for reminders, and to send notifications out about the SquawkBox.  I literally cue up two or three tweets for the SquawkBox in the morning, and then have them go out as reminders part way through each morning.  Delayed twitter messages are a great marketing tool.

Here are three services you can use for this purpose:

TweetLater lets you send out twitter messages on schedule, and also includes the ability to automate reciprocal follows.  If you follow me, TweetLater will automatically make me follow you.

Twittertise has the scheduled twitter capability, plus it incorporates a tracking mechanism on links included in the message.  If I send a message to my followers which says “Click here to join the SquawkBox: http://bit.ly/3P3EeC”, I can later go back and determine how many people clicked through.

Easytweets (coming soon) lets you send time delayed tweets, and manage multiple twitter accounts at once.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

• Marian September 20, 2008, 3:30 pm

Great post…Just started "Tweeting" a week ago (at least sporadically). This is helpful to know. Now to figure out the hang of easilly sharing this post with others without to copy your permalink, pasting into TinyURL, etc. You wouldn't happen to know a short cut?

• Patty September 21, 2008, 1:00 am

I heard you can also send 'tweet later' posts via out-twit which is a plugin for outlook.

• Joanne August 27, 2009, 4:08 pm

Hi,

Great tips. I have registered for TweetLater after reading this post.

• Mindy September 17, 2009, 9:02 pm

Tweeting later would help me make a lot of new friends and I'm glad to find out this can be done without spending hours online. Nice to see good writing about time savers.

• Howard Mandel February 25, 2010, 3:51 am

Our dev guys came up with this simple but effective web app to time tweets. It also supports auto repetitive tweets. And it's free too. tweet-u-later.com

• Frank Poliat April 17, 2011, 10:36 am

Alec
    thanks for all this great stuff. I just tried to access twittertise.com on FFx, Safari and Chrome, and got no access. Also googled to see if twittertise was having any problems and cd find no info. Any ideas? Also, have you seen Twitterscope.com? Wht do u think of it?
    Thanks
    Frank Poliat
    skype: quickdrawartist

• Frank Poliat April 17, 2011, 10:56 am

Found out what's happening w Twittertise, go to twitter @ttise

• dmecklenburg August 15, 2011, 5:55 pm

thank you for sharing the information about tweeting later.