Boxbe’s spam. A fatal mistake for them and me.

by alec on April 22, 2008

Every so often a company really blunders.  Boxbe has done it in spades with their release over the weekend.  It was obectionable the first time it sent email to everyone in my address book.  And yes, I didn’t read the text closely enough to see that that was the case.  I simply loaded my address book and assumed it was filtering incoming mail based on who I knew.

First it spammed my friends. Mea culpe.  I should have read the directions.

This morning though, it spammed them again.  My email box is jammed with people saying “can you make this thing stop”, “you gotta make this stop”, “I’m really pissed”.  Twitter is burning up with Boxbe messages.  And those are the people that care enough.  I don’t know how many people have just added me to their spam list.

The worst part?  There’s no way to opt-out of the service once you’ve signed up.  I can’t tell it to stop.  I can’t tell it to cancel my account.  And I have no way of knowing when it will spam my friends again.

Talk about unfriendly.  Talk about being held hostage.  Talk about a massive, reputation damaging screw-up, both for the company and me.

I’ve got mail in to the product manager, Randy Stewart, as well as their press line.  My next step is to escalate to their management team and board of directors.  Email addresses were kindly provided on their web site.

{ 65 comments… read them below or add one }

Randy Stewart April 22, 2008 at 3:00 pm

Sorry again for the problems. If it's ok, I'd like to post my email response to you as a comment.

——————
My profuse apologies to you for sending so many invitations on your behalf. We're pretty new to using an invitation system on our site and clearly we erred on the on the side of being too aggressive.

Just to explain a bit about what's happening to you: Currently, we send a follow up email two days after the initial invitation goes out.

During registration, we coupled adding contacts and sending invitations to streamline the process. The idea was to make registration have fewer steps overall. Even though the page says we are going to send out invitations, your note shows we probably need separate pages for adding contacts and another for sending invitations.

We are taking steps today to correct these design flaws to insure something like what happened to you does not happen to other people.

First, we're going to add an additional confirmation page to make it clearer that you will be sending invitations to friends.

Second, we're exploring other ways to better explain our value to people and their inboxes while making our invitation system less aggressive.

We hope that these changes will make the site experience overall for others.

Do you have suggestions that could make this process better? We're thinking of better ways to prioritize our invitation process and we'd really appreciate any feedback you could give.

Again, we're really sorry for any distress we may have caused.

Randy Stewart
Boxbe Product Manager
randy@boxbe-inc.com

Myers August 5, 2011 at 2:47 pm

I hate boxbe, I have never gotten so many emails in my life, computer life, I try to delete them, it allows me to delete a few then it won't let me delete anymore, my box has emails from many that I don't know and don't want to know, that is spam, before you arrived I never had this problem, what was spam was spam and most of them were deleted before they got to me, I like AOL and not the boxbe mess. I want out of here now.

Linda January 16, 2014 at 11:45 am

Randy,
Can you send me some information on how to get out of the Boxbe system? I am running the google interface and I think just using active inbox is all I need. Thanks
Linda

Alec April 22, 2008 at 3:54 pm

Hi Randy,

Thanks for coming by and posting that. I've been caught on other stuff.

Andy Abramson April 23, 2008 at 3:23 am

Alec,

For once being on a Mac was a benefit :-) Boxbe couldn’t scan my address list, nor does it work with the paid GMAIL hosted domain accounts. My “friends” were spared.

luca April 23, 2008 at 5:56 am

Two emails from you, 6 from Pat Phelan and others from other friends. Bad.

Dean Collins April 24, 2008 at 6:04 am

Hi Alec,

Sorry for sending you the initial Boxbe invite that signed you up :(

I've also been getting the '2nd day' invite please get me off this list emails from my 1300 or so Outlook contacts.

I think people are used to ignoring a 'first email' (though a few people did query me about 'whats boxbe' when i first sent them out the initial invite) but getting one 2 days later makes them think that they are on some continual spamming list.

I also have to comment that whilst Boxbe support has been fairly responsive to my initial comments when I asked how do people delete accounts…….that there has been no response.

Not that I'm ready to cancel my Boxbe account, for the moment after about 3-4 days it seems to be doing a really nice job of seperating all but self sent domain spam (eg someone purporting to be sending you an email from your own domain). Everything is is being nicely seperated out and although I'm reviewing the 'boxbe isolation folder' about 4 times a day I feel this will settle down to once a day soon.

Far better than the spam protection that comes with outlook/exchange.

So I'm thinking I might keep it…..though the jury's still out, Will post more on http://www.collins.net.pr/blog once I make my final decision.

Cheers,
Dean

jules April 24, 2008 at 8:03 am

I’m glad I can live vicariously through you, especially with regards to technical adventures :-)

Tammie June 8, 2009 at 4:56 pm

It looks like Boxbe is notching up their spamming efforts one step higher. They are sending so called courtesy emails to everyone who happens to send an email to a boxbe 'protected' account telling them about their service.

Its quite ironic a service that promotes itself as a cure to spam, spamming everyone who sends an email to an email account!

I'm on a mailing list that apparently someone who is using their service happened to sign up and it spams everyone who sends an email to the mailing list. Very rude and infuriating!

Martyn June 10, 2009 at 3:37 am

This morning our servers are clogged with boxbe spam and the administrator has placed their MX records on the blacklist. Anyone else sufferring from this time wasting nonsense can do the same by adding the following:-

208.96.33.220
208.96.33.221

Ranjan Khastgir June 13, 2009 at 3:52 pm

How do I remove Boxbee from my PC? Kindly advise.

Thanks and Regards.

Ranjan Khastgir

Alec June 14, 2009 at 3:54 am

Ranjan, I emailed them and had them cancel the account.

Tammie June 16, 2009 at 5:21 am

The person who was using the boxbe service which caused our mailing list to be spammed repeatedly apparently is using their tool with a Yahoo mail account.

Anyone who is affected by this should complain to Yahoo (or whatever ISP the sender is using) to get some leverage to get them to stop this practice. I think this probably violates some Yahoo policy on 3rd party applications being used to spam.

Huu June 23, 2009 at 8:34 am

I tried sending an email to someone with a boxbe filter. boxbe forced me to register with them to get my email sent through. fine. now it requires me to have access to may yahoo account. not fine. creepy that it requires you to have access to your email account just so you can send an email to someone you have contact with. see below…

===

There is a problem with your registration.

You are receiving this email because it seems that you forgot to finish registering for Boxbe for Yahoo! Mail. That's okay, it's easy to complete.

Click here to login to Boxbe and complete your account registration

Your Boxbe username is: ____.

Once you're done, you'll say goodbye to spam in your Yahoo! Mail inbox. We're looking forward to seeing you there.

Cheers,
The Boxbe Team

Kienlein December 6, 2011 at 11:57 am

I am getting more and more mails into my mailbox not beeing stopped by boxbe,mails which are spams.What can I do?

Kelly W. Patterson July 2, 2009 at 12:22 am

Thanks for the warning Alec. I two of those annoying “____ wants you to join Boxbe” emails over the past week, but since I had no idea what Boxbe was and didn’t recognize ____’s name, I just sent it to the spam folder. Then I was attempting to send an email out and I gt one of those “we can’t send your email because you aren’t on this person’s Boxbe contact list” messages. I was on the verge of registering with Boxbe in order for the email to go through when I decided to do a google search for info on who Boxbe is. Your blog popped up and I’m so glad I hesitated before signing up with another sham of a “social network” that is designed to annoy everyboy on my mailing list.

I don’t know who decided that tricking people into signing up for stuff that is going to piss everyone they know off is a good business model, but it isn’t. Even if I actually liked their service (whatever it is), I would never join it just because I don’t want them spamming everyone in my address book.

Bruce July 10, 2009 at 9:08 am

What a bunch of rectal orifices. Somebody I don't know personaly has my Forums email address and has allowed them to add me to their spam list.

If I was a net noob and registered with boxbe and allowed them access to my yahoo emal account addresses I'd have about 3700 people very upset with me.

I strongly suspect that once someone gives them permission to 'steal' the email addresses that it is a blanket permission to keep raiding people's email address lists so they can update their spam list.

To stop future email from them I have to unsubscribe from something that I never subscribed to… *ssholes
———————————————————————————————-

Click the link below if you would prefer not to
receive any further invitations from Boxbe members: https://www.boxbe.com/unsubscribe?email=&tc=2

Boxbe integrates with Yahoo!, Gmail, and AOL email addresses. Get Boxbe today!

Boxbe, Inc. | 2390 Chestnut Street #201 | San Francisco, CA 94123

Loren Woirhaye July 25, 2009 at 7:31 am

The damn opt-out form in the link above, when I enter my valid email address, says this:

"Error: The address you provided was not well-formed. If you wish to opt out, please input a standard email address of the form "user@example.com" below."

Boxbe is a piece of shit spam outfit. Their damn opt-out system doesn't even work.

foolishguyhere July 28, 2009 at 3:14 pm

Boxbe is a really amoral organization dedicated to making money while blitheley inconveniencing hundreds of thousands. As long as these Ivy League punks get to go public they couldn't care less about all the relationships they damage.

Make sure to tell people, do not sign up or respond to a Boxbe mail.

Julie July 31, 2009 at 8:03 am

This is the message I got when I tried the Opt-out link and filled out the ‘Unsubscribe’ form. It will not accept my email address as legitimate, although they had no problem accepting it when they wanted to hijack my contact list!
———————————————
“Error: The address you provided was not well-formed. If you wish to opt out, please input a standard email address of the form “user@example.com” below.

To opt out of receiving Guest List Sharing invitations from Boxbe users, use this form.

To add your email address to Boxbe’s opt-out list, enter it below and click “Unsubscribe me”.”

Frannie August 3, 2009 at 9:31 am

I received one of Boxbe's spams and found this list when I went investigating since the e-mail came from someone unfamiliar to me. It smelled like "spam", so thank you for posting info that kept my curiosity from even clicking on the link in the e-mail.

My frustration is that my webhost will now be blacklisted for these e-mails coming through their IP address, and I'll lose client e-mails until they get it straightened out. I'm not for Big Brother messing with certain things, but if they want to prosecute Mr. Stewart et al for their unethical business practices, I'd applaud them. Mr. Stewart, you can hide behind your apology for being "too aggressive" in your marketing, but you're still a spammer. Tsk, tsk. Now grow up.

Eric August 14, 2009 at 7:44 am

I received another Boxbe spam message today. I don't buy the "we did this automatic opt-in to streamline the process for our users" BS that Randy spooned out. "Streamlining out" a required permissions step is never acceptable. Please stop, it's really annoying, and the messages I'm getting are from people who aren't contacts, and don't know.

jeff n August 19, 2009 at 9:05 am

seems like a smokescreen from their PR guy at the top of the list. luckily spamhaus is onto them. love that "reject" tag

Aug 16 21:44:39 mail postfix/smtpd[23480]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from 123-2-13-128.static.dsl.dodo.com.au[123.2.13.128]: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [123.2.13.128] blocked using sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org; http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=123.2.13.128; from= to= proto=ESMTP helo=

john August 20, 2009 at 3:57 pm

From what I've seen it seems to me that this "service" is violating the federal "canned spam" regulations. I strongly suggest that folks who are getting spammed file a formal complaint so it can be followed through on. I got here by following up on boxbe spam that came into a private Apple OSX server list – it's getting in everywhere.

Lakshmi Ganapathy August 21, 2009 at 3:10 am

Please do not send spam messages which are very annoying and interrupts my work.
Please stop this nonsense.
Thanks/

Mantra September 5, 2009 at 11:07 pm

@ lakshmi Ganapathy

who SPAM you? is it Boxbe?

Guest October 19, 2011 at 4:28 am

Hi Alec, thank you for raising the issue..i am also facing the problem where the mails are getting posted using my account to all in my contact list and people are asking me about this thing…I think boxbe should do thorough testing first before getting it to the audience.

canadian geekette December 1, 2009 at 9:39 pm

Thank you for the post, you saved me from this fate at least….

Joseph December 2, 2009 at 12:22 pm

Boxbe is like a parasite i am unable to unsubscribe my list has been hijacked people are getting offers i did not send now my list has started blocking my mails. has any one been able to get rid of this parasite help help help

evgl lucy January 8, 2010 at 11:01 am

people are complaining about boxbe
I thought boxbe would help with spams boxbe has not helped but has been hurting me
blocking important emails dealing with ministry business the orphanages messages or web page responses on book or play

ldt4092@yahoo.com
warriorsonthebattlefield@yahoo.com
battlefieldwarriorspub@yahoo.com

I regret ever signing up please remove now
the emails being blocked may be the only way to communicate about kids involved with kids human trafficing and we are trying to stop it
we cant if boxbe keeps blocking emails

Kwika January 12, 2010 at 11:21 am

I have received the "This is the only email you will receive about Boxbe from me" 5 times from the same person. There is no link to remove your email address from their website. even the opt-out link posted above return a well-formed email error, even for the example they gave.
When they say you won't get spam when you sign up with them, they mean their spam offers.

Kwika January 13, 2010 at 7:13 pm

I can’t believe it, I am still receiving the same email from the same person. Boxbe has a blog where all posts are closed for comments.

Grndma January 14, 2010 at 7:01 pm

I decided to try Boxbe. I signed upbut di not select a server. received an email from them asking me to confirm. I was not ready so I closed my email. Now my email is blocked. HELP!

Grndma January 14, 2010 at 11:03 pm

whaaaaat?

Phil January 16, 2010 at 6:59 am

I can't believe it, I just received on from my neighbor across the hall on January 16th 2010.

I did not sign-up for it and I immediately unsubscribed from it, hopefully that took care of it.

I also Googled Boxbe and found the negative remarks about this piece of junk company.

If I have to, I'll pay for GMail.

Boxbe's tactics remind me of the same tactics Classmates used and spammed everyone.

Shame on both of them!

David January 18, 2010 at 1:14 pm

Below is an email I sent this Rany guy show at the top of this:
___________________________________________________________
Randy,
I got your email from one of many blogs complaining about Boxbe. I was searching/looking for help as to how to get this “PROBLEM” to stop.

I got an email from a trusted contact Jan 14, 2010 (it looked like it was from them). I responded, clicked to join, so I could get emails from this trusted contact and then…the rest is history!

I did not select any of my contacts from my address book (apparently I should be thankful for that) but any one that sends me an email now gets this email that LOOKS like it’s a personal email from me. They think that they their email did not get through to me & they become frustrated that they continue to get these emails every time they email me.

This is my business email (I own the company) and these are my suppliers and customers emailing me. This has become a negative issue, is starting to greatly up-set those sending me emails and is now costing me business: money!

It seems from to two postings you put up, on two different sites, that this is not your intent. If that is truly the case then I look to receive an email back from you soon on how to remove this. Since last Thursday I have sent more than 70 emails to the following email address looking for help with no reply:
‘support@boxbe.com’; ‘info@boxbe.com’; ‘bizdev@boxbe.com’; ‘press@boxbe.com’; ‘service@boxbe.com’; ‘support@boxbe.com’; ‘bizdev@boxbe.com’

I have Disabled all options on the account, I changed passwords & I closed the account. Still, this issue continues!

I called the phone number listed as your company number in San Francisco, CA 415-692-0155 and it appears to not exist.

I’m coping both our IT admin as well as our corp attorney so they can stay current as to my situation with you and your company.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

James Geoerge January 26, 2010 at 9:09 am

Time to get a Class Action Lawsuit going against their company, they have done enough damage to people and their relationships with their clients. You can't get rid of this thing once you have signed up. They won't let me log in, and I never get my password when I request it from them.

Ben Racicot January 27, 2010 at 5:40 pm

I am trying very hard to gain representation for scriptwriting. If this happens to me my career is over. Do you realize that? There was a software that did this before, it attached itself to everyones contacts in the client side email list and thus spread everywere. It was AOL's first virus. I am absolutely OUTRAGED at the moment. BOXBE could very well be THE reason I do not sell this specific work.
-Ben Racicot

Enrique Gonzalez March 6, 2010 at 3:30 am

To unsubscribe from getting boxbe mails go to: https://www.boxbe.com/unsubscribe
I found this on a blog with similar issue: http://www.ventrino.com/blog/309/2009/06/boxbecom
- Enrique Gonzalez

Again March 8, 2010 at 1:06 am

Again and again and again!!!
I have received at least 30 emails so far from the same person inviting me to join this box-crap-be.
What can we do to report this spam?

Dana Lee Ling May 10, 2010 at 1:35 pm

What a mess. I am getting invitation spam from BoxBe because an employee at our college connected up their institutional account to Gmail and then connected Gmail to BoxBe. I think they may be in violation of the CAN-SPAM act because the guest list email invite does NOT include an unsubscribe link. The web site also does not prominently display an unsubscribe link on the front page when you go to it from a BoxBe invite email. I had to use Google to search for the unsubscribe link. The link to unsubscribe is so popular is it the number one hit on Google. BoxBe be damned I say.

Ed Buie May 14, 2010 at 9:45 am

Boxbe sent invitations to addresses I hadn't used in over three years and were not in the current address folder. How did they get those addresses? MICROSOFT is closely involved in this program some way. This is a type of virus, it seems to me. How can this be legal?

Jay Mottern May 31, 2010 at 8:05 am

I just received a Boxbe "invitation" from my own wife, or purportedly from her. It had her email address in the From: header, but the invitation was addressed to "Shamus", my old IRC nick. She hasn't called me by that since before we were married, so this thing is obviously not only harvesting email addresses but it's also altering header information, essentially Joe Jobbing its own subscribers. Now I have to try to set up a filter in GMail to move anything with "Boxbe" in the subject to my spam folder, as if I mark that invitation email as spam I'll never get any more email from my wife.

By the way, I'm from Washington State which has an even more stringent anti-spam law than the CAN-SPAM federal law. It is illegal to send unsolicited commercial email to Washington citizens who have no business relationship with the (actual) sender (which is Boxbe, not my wife). Boxbe, you are CRIMINALS!

Richard Kirkwood June 28, 2010 at 8:42 am

I unsubscribed to Boxbe over 6 months ago, I thought I was finished with them. Well to my surprise guess what popped up in my emails again today, You guessed it, not only that it has resent spam messages to all of my contacts AGAIN! Now I'm pissed, i tried to unsubscribe again and it states that it does not have my email address, username or password. Do anyone know anything that I can do to get rid of them forever??????

waseem July 8, 2010 at 4:23 am

plz i want to unsubscribe the wassi444@yahoo.com from the boxbe.

Aniruddh July 12, 2010 at 8:49 am

Well I’m using Boxbe and still using , it had a problem and I’m able to find out what was that..

First of all people should evolute the product that they’re using, Not knowing how to use it can create a problem. I think what people need to do here.

Log in to Boxbe > settings > Courtesy Notices > Uncheck all options there…that’s it problem solved

Courtesy Noticed is a feature where my contacts will get a email that his or her email is in waiting list and please send a request so in future you’ll able to send email (email will get directly in to inbox not in waiting list)

this thing we can do by our self to, only if you want the inbox tied clean and organized.

Have you all herd of invitation based system, take an example of facebook where your invite your contacts to join facebook or you invite your contact to use gmail? many did this. this is the same thing but company did a mistake here to automatically start this feature (means opted-in us automatically, by default this option should unchecked, user have the right to send the notice to hie her contacts)

The problem is when my bank received email from boxbe(sent via boxbe, to add the bank id in white list) problem started from there and they email me back and ask me sir, have you getting in any problem from our side. I replied them no i don’t have any problem, your services are perfect what happen?

then I’m able to find out that they got email from boxbe (behalf of me because the Courtesy Notices was enable and that’s why they got this request email.

here the company who using to send newsletter from their email ids like “noreply@example.com” which indicating that you can’t reply them back so when boxbe send and email “to white list that email” (here boxbe use your id in From line) so you’ll get a non delivery email landed to your inbox. Now you’re wondering i didn’t send this email why I’m getting this nondelivery email notification over to my inbox? is anyone misusing my email id?

so this is the problem, I’m still using the services and satisfied with it, no problem i got aft disabling “Courtesy Notices” the option.

This is like a VIP guest list. have you ever went to a function or disco club or restaurant? where you’re on a vip list or priority list, if you’re in the list you able to get in first and if you’re not in the list! “Sorry sir, you’re not in the list, have to wait to get in, please wait in the line, thank you :)”

Incorporate that idea for your email. that’s how boxbe works, you white list it and that emails get to your inbox and not white listed emails get to waiting list. not go to spam or deleted.

Hope it helps :)

Jessie July 14, 2010 at 11:34 pm

I did not subscribe to this service. I have never heard of them. And today I apparently sent email to my contact list without me knowing and initiating anything. This is spam at its worst. I will reprot them to the Attorney General of Washington State if they contineu to send email to my contact list without my permission and which they will never get. This is emabarrassing to say the least. I sent all their email account that I can gather to ask them to unsubscribe me and to delete all my email addresses they harvested, otherwise I will report them as soon as possible. We shall see who will ahve the last word on this one. What a concept. Spam people and get more business.

Saeid November 1, 2010 at 11:22 am

I got one today, one of my customers asked a question and when I replied to him I got this email from boxbe asking “Please add yourself to my Guest List so your messages will be delivered to my Inbox.”

I decide to google this company and this page came up first in google. Glad I found it. But obviously they still have our company’s email address. I hope they will go away if I don’t reply to this request but after reading these comments I guess you never know!

Businesses like boxbe deserve to go bankrupt.

Heidi November 15, 2010 at 12:08 pm

Hi,

Just want to share after reading all your boxbe nightmare stories. I too had the same problem, receiving an invite from a former business contact. Suddenly I was unable to receive emails from my regular contacts and it was creating more problems than saving me time. I finally found where I could go into boxbe/account-info and fill in the cancel boxbe form. It worked, for about a month. This morning all my email was in my spam folder and numerically categorized again. I tried to go back into Boxbe to recancel it, but alas, I don’t have an account to cancel. Does anyone here know how to permanently remove this toxic program from computers?

michele borden December 9, 2010 at 5:05 am

Remove
boxbe immediately!

chika December 11, 2010 at 5:39 am

its like if u add boxbe account to your mail account, u will not be allowed to opt out.

Margaret Pelc December 16, 2010 at 9:22 am

Thanks for posting this blog about Boxbe. I am sure that with the negative press they are getting, it will soon be defunct. I got an invite from a friend of my spouse's, but I never uploaded my contact list. I never subscribe to any service that requires that I upload ALL of my contacts. I guess that I am just a very suspicious person to some degree. I used to work for MCI and Verizon Business. We focused a lot on Internet security. I refused to upload any of my hard earned contacts and I am now trying to cancel my Boxbe account. I fear that even though I have not uploaded my contacts, I will have to make sure that they are not spamming my friends, colleagues or other business contacts. I also have a strong virus checker on my computer, so I am hoping that there is no damage to my reputation due to being intrigued by this so called "service". I probably should have investigated your blog prior to trying to accept my friend's invite. If Boxbe is still monitoring this blog, SHAME ON YOU!

Tracee December 22, 2010 at 2:50 am

Mr. Stewart,

I have a problem. I want to close my boxbe account and it just isnt working. I deactivated it and yet still all my mails are being screened by boxbe. I cannot use it at my location so i am unable to read my emails. Since i deactivated it i no longer have access to even go back in to try to deactivate it again.

Please take boxbe away from me please. I am begging. I have been wainting too long for it to go away. Please take it away right now. My email address is traceerae2@yahoo.com

Respectfully
Tracee

Sunil Shibad January 1, 2011 at 12:49 am

I found your site helpful to my other friends in India are held at hostage by Boxbe who just can't opt out! I apologize on behalf of my countryman, Lakshmi Ganapathy who is rude. How are he say you spammed him! Another India in this post is a good guy (most Indians are good. See 700 million who have no PC or Web access), Anirudh. He is lucid. Educated, elite Indians are notorious for confusing many with jargon they learned from from US without its meaning and context. Why not go to US powers that be? Isn't Boxbe violating laws? Or is it a Trojan as Margaret Pelc. I wish you and rest a great, great 2011!

digitalangeldonnadj January 2, 2011 at 11:22 am

I have the Facebook profile of one of their employees, or maybe a manager. I say we spam his Facebook Wall with removal requests until he folds.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=2255328 http://www.facebook.com/thede.loder

digitalangeldonnadj January 2, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Also I want to share this. From what I found on Google’s forums…
“Just change your password and you will be relieved from the constant nagging boxbe. What a good feeling it was when I received an e-mail that my boxbe are currently suspended.”
Simply changing the password, and they’ll go bye bye.

boxbeisgood February 17, 2011 at 8:11 am

is so simply when u know what your doin isnt it.. just like scam/spm messeges from msn messenger etc.just CHANGE YOUR PASSWORDS EVERYBODY,,nuff said

mul14 March 4, 2011 at 11:14 pm

I’ve got this email after changing password:

Your Boxbe for Gmail service is currently suspended.

Boxbe is no longer able to access your Gmail account with the password that you originally provided.

Click here to re-authorize Boxbe for Gmail

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Boxbe Support

Erlinda Balamon March 10, 2011 at 1:29 am

take me out of boxbe, i have unsubscribe/opt out from it but still i can not receive my emails from friends.

L April 29, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Just got an email from this company and was so offended. It answered an email I directed at someone else and "had found more personal information about me" that it included in the email! I didn't share this at all, yet there it was in the response email sent by them. They are invasive of your privacey and who know how they will end up sharing it!!! Beware!!!

richard p. miller May 25, 2011 at 12:43 pm

boxbe is nothing but a pain in the ass.when I try to unsubscribe to their so-called "service" it goes through a perpetual loading sequence. I 've had to apologize to everyone on my e-mail list for this clusterfuck of a site.I want off of boxbe in the worst way and will keep trying till I do.I tell everyone to stay away from it as it is no good and just fouls up the purpose of communicating with other people easily.

Christina November 15, 2011 at 1:52 am

I can ditto all the above. Boxbe came to me from another person's email and in order for me to accept his email I erroneously signed on to Boxbe. Horrors and now they have part of my address book? I immediately told them to cancel my account. It has not happened yet. What do I do? Please advise how I can stop this nonsense!! Christina

Kienlein December 6, 2011 at 11:58 am