Betamax VoIP accused of fraud

by alec on January 23, 2008

MyVoIPProvider.com has accused VoIP service provider BetaMax VoIP of credit card fraud.  They allege that BetaMax improperly charges small amounts of money to credit cards of members, and that because the amounts are small most companies do nothing about it.  BetaMax offers services under the names:

www.voipbuster.com, www.sipdiscount.com, www.voipcheap.com, www.voipcheap.co.uk, www.netappel.fr, www.sparvoip.de, www.voipstunt.com, www.internetcalls.com, www.voipdiscount.com, www.poivy.com, www.webcalldirect.com, www.freecall.com, www.nonoh.net, www.voipraider.com, www.justvoip.com, www.voipwise.com, www.budgetsip.com, www.smslisto.com, www.12voip.com,  www.lowratevoip.com, www.smsdiscount.com, www.voicetrading.com, www.voipbusterpro.com

This is a pretty serious charge.  I have to say that I've purchase from VoIPCheap before.  It's true that they ask for a credit card number up front, but I've not encountered the behavior described.  In any case, if you're a regular user of their services, you might want to check your credit card statements.

{ 133 comments… read them below or add one }

Moshe Maeir January 23, 2008 at 5:26 am

From what I hear from users their game to be different. They will offer very low prices on a specific destination and free minutes. But, you have to deposit money. Then after a short while they change the price. Now you already have 10 dollars in their account, so you are stuck.

Markus Göbel&#0 January 23, 2008 at 8:41 am

So the Betamax nightmares finally come true? That reminds me of the apprehension I voiced in September:

Markus Göbel's Tech News Comments: WTF is Betamax (VoIP)? http://www.goebel.net/technews/2007/09/wtf-is-bet

I still remember the time when they introduced Voipbuster in Germany. They gave us the calls for free, but wanted our bank account data. You had to send them one Euro from your bank account to start to make unlimited calls. This seemed suspicious and many people feared some kind of phishing or another big scam.

But until now Betamax turned out to be a reliable company for me.

S. W. January 23, 2008 at 4:09 pm

Not only is Betamax fraudulently charging their CUSTOMERS credit cards, they have now found a way to charge innocent victims using stolen credit/debit card numbers. See ripoffreports.com

J.M. January 23, 2008 at 10:11 pm

Topped up 25euros, was charged VAT of 4euros twice. no refund, no contact, no thing… hope they get what was coming to them. their old forums were littered with unhappy customers

rmclaren January 26, 2008 at 11:00 am

I have been using Betamax companies for VOIP service since April 2005. I signed up in a hotel room in Paris (free Internet) and was making free calls to the UK within seconds. I have only paid with PayPal and MoneyBookers. Call quality has generally been excellent. Reliability has improved over the years – now better than a switched circuit. It is rare to get an uncompleted call or poor line quality on a cal.

If you are just looking for free calling, you will get upset when they change their conditions. However, if you are paying for some calls and getting others for free (as I am), the Betamax system, with a couple of accounts, works very well. The biggest “problem” with Betamax (for US users) has been payment in Euros and the rise in the Euro/Dollar exchange rate. And if you only top up with the minimum Euro 10, your potential losses are very limited, compared with the savings you are getting.

Betamax is regularly slagged on various forums; as with all technology “your mileage may very”. They are still in business, unlike a number of other VOIP companies. My experience has been very positive. I willl continue to use them until the experience changes.

Sam January 28, 2008 at 2:37 am

I have been using Betamax – VoIPBuster and VoIPBuster Pro – since Jan 2007 and have had nothing but positive experience: easy to install, easy to use, cheap calls, no "double billing".

Call quality is USUALLY good but, when it's not, I just hang up and redial a few seconds later.

I have recommended to a coupel ofcolleagues and they, too, have had only positive experiences

Markus Göbel's Tech News Comments January 29, 2008 at 5:22 am

There is a very interesting discussion about the same topic in Voxalot’s forum:

There are many Betamax clients among Voxalot’s users. But so far nobody complained. Maybe it’s all a misunderstanding as “satphoneguy” points out?

andy January 29, 2008 at 8:41 am

One if the ripoffreports authors claims that several items have been charged to their credit card, from several countries

They've obviously been victim of stolen ID and credit card details. Why blame one of the companies that the fraudster used it with?

There have occasionally been posts in the Voipbuster forum from disgruntled would-be abusers of the Betamax fair-use policy, with multiple accounts at the same IP address, perhaps callshop proprietors, who have threatened to blackmail the company by publishing complaints on the internet

In this context, the MyVoipProvider article seems based on rumour, not investigation

Meshell January 30, 2008 at 10:23 am

This company Betamax GmbH & Co.KG, or someone diverting funds to this company, today hacked into my Paypal account and took nearly $2000 Australian dollars from my bank account through Paypal (1000 Euros), there’s an Ebay thread on this topic also -

San January 31, 2008 at 6:10 am

Betamax is A TOTAL FRAUD COMPANY.. SINCE i deposited money and suddenly i am not able to make calls.. and also refund of my money..

ITS A 100% fraud company….

Tabin February 9, 2008 at 7:35 am

I cant say really anything about satisfied customers, but BETAMAX has discovered a new innovative way of fraudulent with its customers. After charging the account, it allows few calls to be made, then suddenly stops services with an error message (The other party ended the call…). I am not the only victim, there are thousands around the globe. Somebody even tried to reach their allegedly head office at Cologne, it's not there! People are getting organized to file fraud case against the company. If any of you from this Fraud Cheat & Co. (FCC), better pull up your socks before you are in serious trouble.

Jeton February 10, 2008 at 6:16 am

I have 3 accounts with Betamax, i use voipstunt voipcheap and lowrate voip but, the latest trick this fraud compay is doing they have blocked so many account and i have sent more than 30 emails and didnt got any response i got so mad that i told them im gona go to germany and find them their response was : were waiting for you. Funny thogh the dont give a damn for costumers I wouldnt recomned anyone to buy anymore credit i used to introduce more than 100 friends to betamax products but for now BETAMAX IS A FRAUD AVOID.

Ij February 14, 2008 at 5:32 am

I can't believe this. I have an account with nonoh and after topping up my account with 10euros, it has suddenly been blocked. I've sent them numerous emails, but no response. I still have 7 euros left in the account. This is absolute fraud!

Dominick February 20, 2008 at 10:33 am

I have the same problem. I've topped up by 10euro and they have blocked my account. I have 'The other party ended the cal' unknown error 33!!!l

Students Living In G February 23, 2008 at 6:33 am

Hello All,
we are students & living in different cities in germany we've problem with this Fraud BETAMAX Company for the last 2 years our account were blocked without any reason our account having enough money to call. We have already contacted 1000 times via email, messages, telephones personally visit but no one gives us a positive & reasonable answer even the office address of Betamax which is showing on different Voip serivices like (lowratevoip, voipwise, Nonoh, internetcalls, voipstunt, voipbuster etc..) is wrong. so you all be carefull to buy a credit from this Fraud company Betamax. We are putting a case against BEtamax so if someone of you has already infected by this company then please contact to the lawyer or whatever you can do. We have here a office name Verbracuher Zentrale we went there with our all bills and calls list balnces they gave us a positive responce but they are also waiting for more complaints so please do whatever you can. thanks

bye
Students living in NRW Germany.

azam February 24, 2008 at 9:26 am

you guys are absolutely correct. We are students here in Sweden. Many times our accounts at voipwise, lowrate, voipraider are blocked even with credit of few (round about 10) euros or US dollars. Each time dialing any number, the stupid message of "The other party ended the call due to unknown error" appears.
I strongly recommend that there should be some action against them at any level.

bye
students in sweden

albadar February 24, 2008 at 5:29 pm

we are also students here in italy they have also fraud of us we make a lot accounts of bitmax companies but now they have blocked every thing please let do some thing

albadar February 24, 2008 at 5:49 pm

I have the same problem. I’ve topped up by 10euro and they have blocked my account. I have ‘The other party ended the cal’ unknown error 33!!!l

Aussie February 24, 2008 at 7:51 pm

Nonoh.net is a complete fraud! It allows people to make free calls showing you how good the phone voice quality is. Once you decide to purchase their 10 euro (plus 0.50 which is not mentioned before hand), they start to block your calls and charge money for FREE destinations! I heard Germans are good at engineering, but they have shown the other ugly side of them!!!

If other Germans vising this forum are offended by my above comments, then do something about your BETAMAX and ask your government to close it down before it gives you more bad publicity.

Michael February 25, 2008 at 5:13 am

Never heard of them until I got my credit card bill this morning…

TEKULAW February 26, 2008 at 9:11 am

I know four people around me , who are cheated with this company, we all have 10 Euro. in our account but the stupid messiage , the other party ended the call , appear on each trial , we are waiting disperately what this guys may do on our bank account as they already have enough information about us.

Let we work together to bring this compnay to court if it is possible to locate them there where about.

Robert February 26, 2008 at 5:30 pm

I noticed a strange charge on my bank statement; it was from Betamax, they have done it twice this month it seems. Tomorrow I am going to my bank and start a complaint process. Seems they got my info from voipcheap, what scum.

Jeremy February 29, 2008 at 10:26 am

I never heard of them either until I saw the charge this morning. I can't believe they're getting away with this! I've never once used ANY VoIP service in my life, so there's no chance that I've used any of their sister companies. I'll try disputing the charge with my credit card company, but someone needs to do something about this company, what are they a group of slimeballs running this out of their parents basement??

Texas February 29, 2008 at 1:59 pm

Just as Jeremy said, I had never heard of them until checking my card statements. Their website hasn't been updated since 2005 so emailing them was a waste of time. I had to close my card and get a new one. What a hassle. And they still get the money. This internet and criminals sure get along good and most get away with it.

Texas March 2, 2008 at 7:43 am

UPDATE: I recieved an email from Betamax asking for a copy of my bank statement. They must have training on how to get information and use it for illegally collecting money. I told them if they had the resources to take my money, they had them to put it back. I am awaiting a response.

Alec March 2, 2008 at 8:01 am

They claim, by the way, that they are the victims of fraud themselves. Please read this: http://saunderslog.com/2008/02/04/betamax-victims

It may be that it's someone spoofing betamax who is stealing your money.

khan March 2, 2008 at 8:53 am

Ive been using voipstunt since 2005, n from 2007 till now voipwise. today in the morning i got to know that my acount has ben blocked, i guess i m the luky one coz i had only 90 cents left.

PODO May 3, 2008 at 12:08 pm

BETAMAX is responsible for ALL, THEY CANT MAKE EXCUSES AFTER TAKING MONEY FROM PEOPLE — why — they have blocked so many account.

OVERALL, BETAMAX ITSELF IS FAUNDANT COMPANY IF THEY CANT PROVIDE SECURITY TO ITS CUSTOMERS THEY MUST SHUT THEIR SERVICES. or ITS time to take legal action against them. Join hands and make a combine LAW SUIT against this company.

People if different countries join hands and gather people to make complain, we can make law suit in germany or france where ever they are in!!!

Let us BLOCK BETAMAX!!!

AndreyDer May 4, 2008 at 11:36 am

My wife uses voipcheap.com services.
From the beginning everything looked OK, but then
nobody knows how they calculate those "FREE" minutes.
My wife never used announced 300 minutes. And all the time after couple days they start charging and never reply on e-mails.
Does this fraise from their web-site (* Max 300 minutes per week of free calls, measured over the last 7 days and per unique IP address.) sounds tricky? Seems like they count always for last 7 days, which is not really per week.
Plus we found out that even when it says FREE call, your money on account went down.
We are moving from them.

Akin May 6, 2008 at 2:22 am

This company called betamax is not reliable. i have 4 accounts in all with them with about 30euro in all. all my account were blocked and effort to rectify it from them proof abortive. please i will be glad if there can be any legal pursuit on this fraud case.

routeind May 14, 2008 at 6:30 am

Voive Trading is A TOTAL FRAUD COMPANY.. i deposited $1600 and i am not able to make calls from my softswitch.. and did not refund of my money..

Voip Wholesaler

routeind May 14, 2008 at 6:33 am

Here is there new email

helpdesk@voicetrading.com

- Voip Wholesaler

Malvin May 15, 2008 at 3:38 am

Who is Betamax anyways? It sounds to me like another fake company like all the other names. Besides aren’t companies supposed to be registered to a person?

students in UK July 10, 2008 at 5:02 pm

Betamax is abosolutely a cheating company. They blocked many.
I think the best way is that all of us ask our bank to give warning of the credit fraud by Betamax, and put the company in the bank’s black list. If all of us do this, the bank will take some measures when doing business with this company

Well informed source July 15, 2008 at 8:37 am

Any complaints should go straight here

Marc Sanders

sales sheriff at VoiceTrading / Betamax GmbH

Cologne Area, Germany

Cheers

Well informed source July 15, 2008 at 8:41 am

Before Betamax Marc Sanders worked at Microsoft

how to close a betam July 31, 2008 at 3:20 am

How to close a betamax account?? I've searched information about how to do it and can't find the way to close my account with them. They've been recently excluding more and more countries from free destinations and it doesn't pay off anymore to use their services. Thanks for help in advance.

Nancy September 4, 2008 at 1:50 pm

I recently ran across a $15+ charge on my VISA debit card, attributed to this BetaMax company. They also charged 46 cents worth of international money changing fees. I've never used BetaMax or VoIP, and can't imagine how someone got ahold of my card number. I filed a dispute with my bank, Wells Fargo, who is discontinuing(!) my card and issuing a new one. Are we having fun yet?

Luis Rueda September 26, 2008 at 10:16 am

Well for me everything with this company has been great, good VOIP quality, low rates, no full of bullshit as skype, I would recommend betamax and subsidiaries to all, long life betamax.

PS: from happy custumer not reseller or nothing a simple customer, a fair one : )

Krasimir Panchev October 6, 2008 at 3:50 am

I have been using quite a lot of the services provided from Betamax since 2005, never had a single problem, I have paid by credit card, paypal, moneybookers, the lot. Not a single fraudulent payment. Maybe people that complain should check what they are doing wrong, accounts are blocked for a reason, and technical problems are most commonly because of users' lack of knowledge or sheer stupidity. And for the people that got charged on their credit cards – GET REAL! It is YOU that had given your credit card details somewhere not secure, it's YOUR fault that a fraudster has got your details, it is not Betamax's fault that all kind of people buy from them!

ashraf October 6, 2008 at 5:19 am

erm..
i've using betamax for 2 years..

U must not buy credit using credit card..just buy from reseller

Mustafa October 12, 2008 at 5:39 pm

i used beta max 3 service lowrate smslisto and poivy since feb 2007
and every thing is ok voice quality is excelent no chaeating @ all .
i didnt refund by a credit card or a bank transfer i refund by a voucher or a reseller and nothing qrong till now :)

happy customer :)

Flor Sanchez October 29, 2008 at 3:43 am

2008/08/24 y 2008/09/06 usaron mi tarjeta de credito sin mi autorisacion, yo e comprado tiempo en justvoip en la cual use mi tarjeta de credito, pero siguen usando otras personas mi credic car podrian decirme o especificar kien ta usando mi tarjeta.
kedo en espera de una respuesta
atte.
flor

Flor Sanchez October 29, 2008 at 8:06 am

I use undue of my credit card, I, buy time in justvoiop with my credit card, but they persist to me arriving discounts on behalf of betamax voip they can inform my credit which you not accomplish a purchase in where I can complain for the infringement of my credit card

CP November 17, 2008 at 7:10 am

My credit card statement had a $65 charge from "Betamax Voip Credit Cologne De." Obvious fraud, seeing as how I don't do business with them (or in Europe) or use any VoIP services. If you see this, cancel your card, and report them! If you don't cancel, they will repeatedly charge your card…

DP November 25, 2008 at 2:05 am

I was a Gold resellerof betamax since 2007, and all of sudden they blocked my account with all my money (1119 Euro). I can not make any phone call, i can not transer credit to anyone. i send several emails to customer service but no responce. in simple words betamax is fraud..

Neal Wooley December 2, 2008 at 4:25 pm

I got charged with two small amounts, plus the foreign trans charges. I caled my credit card company, and have since had the charges removed. NOW I find out my name, address and phone number has been listed as a complaint resource. I've had a call from somebody in a foreign country and a call from someone in PA.
The lady in PA was very undestanding and we had a nice conversation. I've yet been able to locate the right web site that lists my personal information.
So if anyone gets my personal information as someone to lodge a complaint, please be assured I have been a victim of this scam. Dealing with the financial charges, I am now trying to deal with my personal information being used.
If anyone out there can assist me, I will be greatful.

Lao Bai Xing December 4, 2008 at 6:47 am

For some time I was a happy user, but ever since they force their Chinese clients to go through shady resellers (although they insist they don't use those), it is a mess. Their customer services stinks like hell, rude, evasive and outright a$%holes. Suing them won't do the job. They are registered in Germany and legal procedures there are complicated and time consuming. It's far better to boycott betamax all together and set up a warning system through community sites like Facebook to warn people about these business practises and frau Karin Nab, if she exists at all. It doesn't work for clients to sue her, it won't work for her to sue all the clients who complained. Where are the competitors of Betamax? Don't they want to clean up their sector before it's all in ruins?

Mudher December 4, 2008 at 9:31 pm

Hi
I am surprised with these negative feedbacks, I am an old client of Betamax and never had problems with them. I think most of the problems mentioned in this website are due to misunderstanding or being careless so the end result is that your credit card info stolen and get charged.

Bleros December 5, 2008 at 5:00 pm

I have used betamax and bought credit from resellers for a year, last month i paid via bank transfer , and still my account balance is 0.00, i didnt got the amount of money i sent

Igor December 8, 2008 at 8:28 am

Hi there, I use to call Ukraine, and as many of us I have a few accounts – justvoip, poivy and 12voip. I put these accounts in order in which I switched from one to another, and the reason was that the other was offering better price. These guys use to give a good rate at the beginning but then the price goes up. This is the only bad experience with them, and so far there were no suspitious charges or anything else. I use paypal to pay them and I find it the safer way. They are still the best choice for me, other companies charge more

Mike December 13, 2008 at 4:42 pm

I sent money via PayPal to a reseller, DeepReach Inc. (http://www.mmambou.com/deepreach/en/default.htm) and didn't receive credit/voucher. Their answer to my inquiries: "Hi, This is apperently a fraudulent payment, because (my name here) is not known at that adress.
Thanks"

I immediately filed a complaint with PayPal.

Does anybody have a working email address for VoipBuster/Betamax? Thanks.

Kashnex December 16, 2008 at 11:04 am

Well I'm having a kind of same problem. I'm using Betamax since mid of last year and use to pay credit by PAYPAL;nevertheless after top up the credits and upon using calls the money is depleted far more quickly than it's stipulated rates for a certain destination. Moreover, SMS are also charge by 0.03cent/sms but interestingly in their advertisement they say SMS are free but as usuall a very tiny text in the terms and conditions say something about FAIR use policy. What the hell, if your network is incapable to bear load then what are you doing in the market. Authorities must do something about this FAKE Company. I'm really mad as I have spend lots of money in making calls from this Company. Please do let me know where I can complain about them

Kashnex December 16, 2008 at 11:09 am

THIS IS THE SO CALLED CONTACT ADDRESS OF BETAMAX FOUND AT.
===============================================
About us.

WebCallDirect is a service from
Betamax GmbH & Co KG
Im Mediapark 8
50670 Köln

Email: Please use the forms on our contact page
Tel: +49-221-3549565
Fax: +49-221-3549566

Managing director: Karin Nab
Commercial Register of the Local Court: Cologne
Registered under number: HRA 23157
VAT number: DE814570978

Disclaimer: Betamax GmbH & Co KG does not take responsibility, or endorses the content of external hyperlinks on this site.

Webcalldirect: Check the webcalldirect.com website for conditions and prices.
===============================================

me January 14, 2009 at 12:13 am

these bad mother fuckers,
these bad mother fuckers
these bad mother fuckers
these bad mother fuckers
these bad mother fuckers

they just made 2 freakin' transactions using my paypal account, one to rapidshare and they got themselves premium account for a year (54.99 EUR) , and once paypal recognized this payment was not made from north america, put it on hold and then they made another payment (60.21 EUR) to their stupid website http://www.12voip.com

and you guys now say their service is cheap? I wonder why????? CUZ THER FUCKIN' STEAL IT FROM PEOPLE LIKE US.

Raydee January 20, 2009 at 3:14 pm

Does anybody know how i Can close my account with nonoh, dialnow, lowratevoip and voipbuster.

I sent some emails to Betamax to close my account but they have not answered after almost ! year.

herbert January 23, 2009 at 10:21 am

whoever wants proof that betamax ARE REALLY CROOKS, CRIMINALS, FRAUDULENT (call it however you want) i can proof that it is betamax company which does ilegal debits on your credit card! there is no such thing like betamax being themselves crooked….. bullshit!
on my netapple.fr account which i had with them i did maybe buy 4 x credit (4 x € 10) but over the same period appeared about 8 debits signed betamax…… now tell me what that is? fraud or not????!!!!!!
and of course, even i called them – yes, their office phone number exists and works – but obviously i never got any reply or refunding!
so all these who were writing here, they have positive experience since years, i must say frankly speaking: I DO NOT BELIEVE YOU. it is very possible that you simply didn't check it that you have been tricked out on your credit card!
if you want to see proof, i have all the copies of netappel.fr account extract where my official purchases appear and my bank account extracts!
just e-mail: maravilha00@hotmail.com

Antonio Silva February 5, 2009 at 2:41 pm

I complained various times to Betamex about Justvoip and Poivy but never received a reply. This company names all belong to this Betamax . They said I can fone Brasil 300 minutes per week but after I fone couple of minutes they change to the sistem of paying saying that I exceeded the fair time .This is fraud and there is nobody to reply or correct the problem. They put this sistems on the market very cheap to figth their opositions but offer a rubish service . I am very fustrated with this bad service and if they correct it I will writght here the result.
Just e-mail; almaidamiu@hotmail.com

Hazel West March 19, 2009 at 11:14 pm

Betamax have been charging my credit card for large amounts and I have never used them before!!! Seems they are very popular for fraudulent use on credit cards!! Congratultions on ruining peoples lives when people are struggling anyway.

kelly March 20, 2009 at 5:05 am

I too am a victim of the BETAMAX VOIP CREDICOLOGNE fraud charges to my bank account. It immediately followed the purchase of sipphone by vnet for my iphone.

Marc Preschia March 20, 2009 at 11:50 am

I have the same problems with Voip buster.
After using this system for a few months they blocked me with an error message and today I realized (lately I agree with this) that every two months Betamax was taking 12.5 € out of my credit card.
I send them immediately a mail and I'll go monday to the Belgian police in order to deposit a complain against them.
Betamax is a fraud company – it's sure !

linrom March 24, 2009 at 9:31 pm

I do not understand, how such criminals continue to cheat peoples?
104 Euro on my account and stupid message – The other party ended the cal’ unknown error 33

Kaycee March 25, 2009 at 6:17 am

I'm in the U.S. and I have a charge from these people on my card. I recieved a call from a fraud protection agency, so most of the charges were blocked.

It's amazing what some people/companies come up with.

Greg March 30, 2009 at 6:13 am

I was scammed by this company. I saw a debit against my checking account that I did not authorize nor recognize. There also was a currency conversion fee so the bank could change USD to DM. I have no idea how these people got access to my checking account, but clearly they are robbers and thieves. Fortunately, my bank reversed the charges.

Kim March 31, 2009 at 3:18 am

I have read about many issues on http://forum.voipbuster.com

But how do users posting here find this website right here based on a credit card charge?

Jonytk April 4, 2009 at 7:20 pm

If you have never used any of this betamax clones, it is for SURE that your credit card data have been compromised because of a virus or spyware (conficker anyone?…)
The hackers register keyboard input and sell the data around the globe, so a guy in pakistan is actually using your credit card and they use betamax to power their call-centers… why? because betamax does not actually check if the name of the credit card maches the number. And Betamax have no staff to prosecute this kind of fraud, it just blocks the accounts as soon as they realize that it's a fraud, and that could take like forever.

Roelf Renkema April 7, 2009 at 3:19 am

Betamax very well checks the creditcard data. To begin with they need you to confirm your telephone number before any transaction can take place. So it is very unlikely they can resort to these kind of excuses.

It is possible though that their system was compromised by hackers that stole creditcard data and are now pulling money with the same notice as betamax uses. This would explain why users never using any betamax service also complain.

Fact remains they always scammed on the borderline, f.i. with their free sms system thats free until they want to charge you. But now and thats new, they start blocking accounts regardless the amount of money in them. So it seems they are either buffering their losses this way or something else is pretty much wrong here and they don't want to admit.

There has alway been a huge level of secrecy from betamax side IMHO due to the fact that they run their buisness almost without any personel. This would also account for their systems being compromised and the lack of resolving current issues.

So I think that Betamax lost control over their systems and everybody is well advised to steer clear and take the step to the more expensive skype service instead.

A.A. April 18, 2009 at 10:51 am

I was also a victim to this, i dont even know who they are or how they got my info but they made 2 small charges $20.50 and $.62 and I immediately called my Bank and they credited me and cancelled my card. i dont even know who they are!

Sujatha April 25, 2009 at 10:58 pm

Hi everybody, i am really surprised to hear so much offensive comments against Betamax. I am using thier service in various forms like voipbuster,voipraider,lowratevoip, voipcheap etc since 2002. Till today they had never cheated or took extra money from my account. I had never even faced any problems like what you all had mentioned. I had recommended the voip service from betamax to many of my friends and all are using the same for years together and sofar no one had any complaints except that sometimes the voice clarity is not clear but this could arise in any of the telephone service as well, but with the rest of handling money etc we are all very well satisfied. So, i really wonder looking into this blog.

Antonio April 27, 2009 at 12:42 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been a business user of betamax products for over a year, without major problems, until the begining of this month.

I had just upped my poivy account to ~150 Eur and realized that my calls were not going trough poivy, but rather to voipcheap, the fallback account.

Because of that, as the voipcheap account got suddenly drained, I filled that up while trying to get some feedback (via emails) for what happened to poivy.
Then, today, voipcheap also stoped working, resulting in more than 200 Eur in some limbo (luckily, it was bank transfers, not credit cards).

I can't get any response from betamax and the telephone directs me to email via a recorded message.

This is very bad for us, as a small company, but it is hugely bad for voip comunity, as once more, seems that voip providers are doomed to finish as rapidly as they start.

beware!
Antonio
(Portugal)

Chuck May 5, 2009 at 5:26 am

Yesterday I found this mysterious $21.60 (US) charge on my credit card from "Betamax VOIP Credit". I have never done business with them nor had I heard of them before. I DO use VOIP, but it is with Skype (I pay for unlimited US calling as well as a phone number). And, the Skype charges clearly appear separately on my card, properly labeled.

They stole my credit card info and charged it. The CC company dropped the charge.

What's interesting here is that ever 2-3 months, someone is able to electronically steal my CC number and use it for various charges (not Betamax until now). I then have to get it canceled and start using another card. It is always the card that I have the automated Skype payments set up with that gets stolen. I suspect someone working for Skype may be stealing and supplying numbers to Betamax and other companies (for a fee), although I cannot prove it. (I'm not blaming Skype itself, just a rogue employee.)

Rroky May 8, 2009 at 8:16 am

HI to any feedbacks. I see that you have been a victim of hackers, I am an computer engineering and I am searching for good iternacional rate and I anded here to this site and I feel that all negative feedback do not understand the principle of BETAMAX, They all conect the BETAMAX with the VOIP venders and saying that those providers are BETAMAX site, It is wrong, BETAMAX is no midlemen of VOIP. They are direct wholesale of VOIP. There are just few wholesalers as this side on world who gives faire price of VOIP. All you are complaining for BETAMAX but I do not see you as buyers to BETAMAX, but I see you as customer of midlemen links as
voipbuster,voipraider,lowratevoip, voipcheap.
ONE THING I WILL TELL YOU, IF YOU CONECT TO ME AND YOUR CALL WILL GO THROUGH BETAMAX AND I WILL FROUD YOU AS YOU COMPLAIN, NOW LET ME KNOW WHAT IS WRONG WITH BETAMAX.

Abid Maqsood May 12, 2009 at 11:34 pm

I am using Betamax service also I am reseller its good.
But there is one biggest problem with Betamax.
There customer services is very bad.
In my words Betamax have no any customer service also no
Any reseller’s customer services.

Best regards
Abid Maqsood.

Oleg May 13, 2009 at 6:35 am

After getting from me 40 euro they suspend my account, accused me for fraud payment. No answers from feedback services, no possibility to phone to somewhere. Very good buisness, good profit. For them. I would not advice to anybody.
Oleg

jafar May 16, 2009 at 10:01 am

actually im using betamax services in russia for more than 7 months every thing was ok i used poivy,nonoh lately i started to use action voip and smart voip(2 months ago) as i said before the service with them was very good in payments , in voice quality untill yesterday i discovered that my account in smartvoip was blocked,i used it 1 hour before they did so in the afternoon im always using ukash to pay for them that mean they have no chance to say that the payment was fraudery i have about 100 euro in the account i sent them email and still waiting.if any one has an idea for what to do please contact me to long-dagger@hotmail.com thnks
jafar

Volodya May 17, 2009 at 1:41 pm

nonoh.net has stop servicing my account with 8euro on it. Cannot remember if I've entered my CC info on their site? Anyway I've opened a dispute on paypal to return my money. Loooking for a new cheap VOIP provider. Could somebody recommend me one??

jafar May 18, 2009 at 3:42 am

to my surprise today i found that betamax reactivated my account!! i can now honestly say that they re a very good company and they re really concerned about their clients.thanks betamax for ur care

Ivana May 19, 2009 at 12:00 am

Nonoh is a scam. After 1.5h doesnt work anymore and they started charging me for free destinations. I called my bank today and they told me to write them an email and print that and bring to the bank so they will take my money back.
Betamax is scam, people stay away from that!!

jafar May 20, 2009 at 3:55 am

if anyone interested i can recharge whatever amount of ukash voucher

Tony May 25, 2009 at 9:00 am

I first subscribed to voipcheap several years ago and was generally pleased with the service. Lately I've been checking my bills and found that many calls have been tagged as "FUP Exceeded". Checking the Fair Usage Policy I have failled to find where I have exceeded any Fair Usage Policy and think the company is using this to charge at a higher rate. I have written about this and await a reply.

Last year I subsribed to the calls4text service, never got it to work, never got a decent reply from support and it appears that I have lost my £10 forever (plus VAT). Today the website seems to have disappeared. I hope to be included in a future class action lawsuit againts betamax. This is not the way companies do business.

JD May 27, 2009 at 4:57 am

I regret not checking these forums earlier – I've lost 12.50 euros, which has been debited from my account, but Betamax (www.voipcheap.com) claim the "payment failed", and since have been uncontactable.
Clearly this is a FRAUDULENT company taking innocent users for a ride – THIEVES is the only way to describe how they operate.
What can we do about it? Perhaps we can try to find out the contact details of the person running it – Karin Nab – and post them all over the web, to start off with.
DON'T BECOME BETAMAX'S NEXT VICTIM!!!!!!!!!!

Eric H May 29, 2009 at 1:28 pm

My wife and I have used the software from this company for a while to make calls to Romania. We used a credit card to make payments up till this incident, where they no longer allowed credit card payment, and required a wire transfer to be made. They promised me through their online "feedback" link that once I made a wire transfer, I would then be provided with the ability to use credit card. Well.. I setup a new bank account with Chase (formerly Washington Mutual), just because they allow free wire transfers, so I wouldn't be charged $25 for a $10.50 wire transfer. After making the transfer on 5/13/09 (wire went on 5/14/09), a week later I asked why the funds did not show up in my account. Their response was that "this was credited to one of your other accounts" .. I told them that the number they provided to me so that it would be credited to my account properly was sent with the wire transfer in the "beneficiary information" field, since I had noplace else to put it. They have demanded proof of the wire transfer .. which I provided to them with a couple PDFs that I scanned from my bank, including the bank statement.. After providing them with proof, they no longer respond to my feedback comments, or emails.. (I sent an email to the address which I got from networksolutions.com). I called the phone number 4922155405564, which was also from networksolutions.com, and the person answering (named Kerstin), said that she is only a "post office" and does not answer any questions, and doesn't even work for the company (Betamax). So it appears that they have taken my money and do not plan to provide the service they advertise for it.

I notice they use a web feedback system so that they can delete their responses for when they are pursued legally. I've sent the complaint here to http://www.ic3.gov where I recommend any U.S. citizens who have been defrauded by them should go to add their own complaint.

sam June 21, 2009 at 6:04 am

Hi All,
I have purchase 5 different accounts from Betamax, they suddenly stop service without any notice. i mean every time we want to make a call its shown error code “Call Ended ( The other party ended the call due to unknown reason)” . Any number in the world we cant make a call out.

I believe, some how Betamax system block our office IP as we use 5 different accounts. I have contact them couple of time by fax and by “customer feedback form” Since April 2009; But i haven’t received any feedback from them. Seems like they don’t have any customer service or technical support service. So, anyone can assist me how i could re-activate my accounts OR can anyone provide me Betamax’s real phone number or email ID. Thank you.
Best Rgds
Sam
reach2bc@yahoo.co.uk

Ali June 24, 2009 at 5:20 am

I have been using betamax for over a year now and yes they have changed their rates some times increased and sometimes decreased it as well to lower what i paid at the time i signed up. Quality is generally very good and I don't have any complaints regarding the service they provide.

SwissCherokee July 6, 2009 at 12:52 am

Very interesting, to read throug hall your postings.
Just to add my experience here too:
in the mid of 2008, when we registered, everything went fine. Now after half a year and the third reload of our account (via Bank Transfer), all of a sudden our account was blocked (same story as mentioned already, with the unknown error message etc.)

Several phone calls to VoipCheap as well as to Betamax, without any results. Just a woman who tells, that we should send faxes. During another phonecall, asking about a Salesman, coz I would like to provide my company with VoipCheap (just to make her passing me to somebody from VoipCheap) she let me know, that neither Betamx nor VoipCheap are having phonenumbers…. ***very strange*** asking about how and where I could find out about phonenumbers etc in germany, she just replied "I don't know". Even after my question: "if YOU had to search for somebody, how would you search", she just answered: "I don't know, I don't use this".

Sorry but this woman is either light light light blond (sorry for all clever blonde ones!) or just very well trained (or maybe both) :-)

Here's all what i could find out about Betamax and VoipCheap:

Betamax GmbH & Co. KG
service@betamax.com
Stolberegerstrasse 92
50933 Köln
(maybe a former address???)

Betamax GmbH & Co. KG
Im Mediapark 8
50670 Köln
phone: +49 221 55 4055 64
fax : +49 221 35 495 64

————————————-
VoipCheap
Im Mediapark 8
50670 Köln
phone: +49 221 3549 565
fax: +49 221 3549 566

**********************

All of these addresses refer to the HRA: 23157 (trading registry). Something funny happened, when I was placing a search on Net, I got:

WDP Windparkmanagement GmbH & Co. KG
Kurfürstenallee 23a
28211 Bremen

This company has the same HRA registry number HRA 23157 eventhough this number is a unique number!!!!

If somebody has any idea, what to do and where and how.. just please let me know.

m__buergin at hotmail dot com

Betamax Sucks July 31, 2009 at 5:31 am

My problem with this lousy company is payment, I can live with no customer support since they're providing real cheap per-minute cost especially for resellers.

I signed up with siptraffic.com recently and paid via Western Union, supposedly subsequent payments can be made via credit cards or paypal. After I made the payment, the other options were available and now they're gone. I contacted support and basically I got the " user what's there" .

I asked for an explanation to understand their reasoning, nothing.

I have decided to start a marketing war against them, I'm going to start websites with similar names with warnings, find their posting on forums and blast them for making false advertisement.

If I can change few peoples' mind about signing up with them, that's revenue losses for them and satisfaction for me to stick to them.

By the way, this number works for them:

phone: +49 221 55 4055 64 must be their main office, call and complain, or just bombard them with nasty calls.

Fax: +49 221 55 40 545

Can you tell I'm pissed -:(

confused August 9, 2009 at 6:07 am

Hasn't someone asked the police to talk to them? I don't think they want to take the money and run, but there should some decency. They don't reply any e-mails and there is plenty of trouble with paying, with calls not working or getting disconnected, poor quality, wrong amounts getting debited, etc.

VoIP August 10, 2009 at 4:30 am

WayPay.ru is new Betamax and Dellmont payment service.
WayPay.ru – voip Betamax and Dellmont official reseller.
Paying for Webmoney and Yandex-money and QIWI for lowest price.
Top-up you balance is immidiatelly after the paying!

Welcome!

Sabrina August 20, 2009 at 8:15 pm

Nonoh and Betamax is a fraud company. They charging people for free destination. I called once and after that wasnt costfree anymore. I took my money back from my bank…never again Betamax!

Lars Krull August 23, 2009 at 4:36 am

I have used VOIPBUSTER for more years now and always been ´very satisfied. Today I went in and wanted to top up my account with my creditcard. I have always paid with credit card. And today that option does not exist more ???

Have they been barred of accepting credit card payments or ?

Suresh October 3, 2009 at 7:39 pm

I used to pay always using paypal, suddenly that option was not to be seen one day. My mail to them was never answered. Finally i see it again. Weird company. Many times I get the error "the Other party ended the call" but my account would have been charged. Voice quality is good. the only reason i use this is for its cheap call rate.

khalid October 5, 2009 at 10:59 pm

Now they are very big in middle east. Freecalls, action voip etc…. a lot of new brands, same problem, after a while cannot call.

fabrizio October 23, 2009 at 10:45 am

At the moment the problem is that I payed for credit (10 €) and subscription (2,50 €) and they are saying that only received from me 10 €, they are saying that 2,50 € are V.A.T. and handling fees but I can demonstrate by their invoice that I payed 15,47 € (10 € for credit, 2,50 € for the subscription, 0,50 € handling fees, 2,47 (19% V.A.T.) for a correct totally of 15,47 €
Now, reading this forum I'm afraid they can charge my credit card!
I'm just thinking to lock it

dairo November 6, 2009 at 10:45 am

l bought credit twice 12.50 making 25euro altogether and it over one month till now l have not gotten my credit,and the money as being withdrawn from my account.what do l do now am worried

dairo November 6, 2009 at 10:46 am

someone should please help me,l feel so bad

ivan November 8, 2009 at 5:25 pm

dairo u should tell us how u paid if using credit card that mean that ur money will be refunded to it if not alresdy done !!! using other payments method like u kash or cash u without receiving the money needs another approach,any way the money will be refunded!

Comdif November 30, 2009 at 2:10 pm

Yes Betamax is Voip Alibaba
I have got a very serious problem with them lost money
and maybe some police problems.
see here http://comdif.com/vtrade.html

A K Zaman December 5, 2009 at 6:18 am

Hello all,
Pls buy credit from RESELLER and u will have no problem at all.
You can contact me too to buy
100 Betmax card of any brand with user name, password and credit of 5 euro each will cost u only 550 euro.
So you can sell and make profit too.
Thanks
Zaman
akzaman@gmail.com

Maxim January 6, 2010 at 1:58 pm

I have been using betamax providers since the early voipbuster.com. I am transferring money using paypal or credit cards. In the meantime I also setup a reseller account to where I transfer money using swift bank transfers.

Frankly I never had any of the problems described. Occasionally I get charged for free calls since I have exceeded their fair use policy. Since the per minute charge is €0.01 I really don't have a problem with that as this is still pretty cheap.

I use them through my asterisk box. So I always come from the same location out of the same household. So nothing unusual like running a callshop through them etc.

I can't remember when they started but it must be >4 years ago and ever since I'm still using them despite all the rants and rumors. Seems like none of the cases where people used lawyers etc. actually brought them down.

Frankly I think they're a legit company and other VoIP players are trying to put a bad reputation on them for their cheap per minute prices.

Mr. Right January 27, 2012 at 1:50 pm

you are a damn stupid man. I wish you have yourself experienced their crook behavior and have lost money…. It will come, though, no worries. Then you can write your silly comments.

yasser February 20, 2010 at 2:55 am

they real are man (stealers), they took from me until today more than 150 euro And I m decided to quite all theire services and continue to prevent my other friends who are using this sevices to quite also because I thiunk that is the right solution, becaus honestly I don t have time to run in justice and for pple who are using computers each day plz save in each forum a comment that aware pple of this company and maybe in a few months or years they will feel the klap in theire faces.
thnx for reading my comment

George February 21, 2010 at 1:04 am

I used to like Voipbuster, but now I can't buy credit. An errorcode 103 or 1200 occured.
They aren't in the code list, so no answer, no solution.

I tried to get an answer, but the company is mysterious, no connection with people, no e-mail addresses only with the computer. So its answer always:
try it again or with an other payment method. So no solution. It seems to be a covered company.

Selina August 22, 2010 at 8:11 am

I got their address/name cause my hse robbed and I tried to contact them as well and all I received was a dam voice mail and I also tried to contact them thru e-mail and no answer, so I would just contact my creditor like I did to try and get whatever refunded if possible and now I put in a Police Report abt this company as well since I found the fraudulent use on my card and due to my pl being robbed while I was in a Coma. There seems to be a person on here trying to get a suite against this company..I would advise to join him. I just joined….

youn March 16, 2010 at 11:22 am

Make better price than Betamax (if you are a competitor) is better than spreading such bla bla

aniki barnard March 25, 2010 at 6:00 am

It just happened to me two days ago! Don't know these people from a bar of soap but it seems some scam artist got hold of my paypal information!!

Selina August 22, 2010 at 8:04 am

I just wanted to let you know while I was just recently in a coma not only was my house robbed, but I have 2 charges on my acct from these ppl and there seems to be no way to get ahold of them like I did w/the other companies, so I added this to the list w/my Police Report, so they now have these ppls info and the Detectives are going to try and get a hold of them one way or another and I also let them know that online they claim this company is fraud as well……So by chance the person who robbed my hse if your reading this….Im Comming to get you and I know you live here were I do…I just hope you still have my stuff if not…Im prosecuting you….I'm doing it anyway…

otis April 10, 2010 at 2:56 pm

it seems there are two version , after reading everybody story , does not help much to me , it is true that a PC been hack that a hacker could steal infomation and use it on voip make it look like voip fraud , also could be some kind of bla bla because the voip have some cheap price and hard to competitive with , i have search in google with key word different voip names + fraud , all kind have story , confuse…

Alexi May 11, 2010 at 1:39 am

A decouvrir http://bisatel.com
opérateur voip sip à prix ultra bas. Nouveaux services gratuit pour particuliers. Ouverture de comtpe sip gratuite et immédiate.
Des forfaits illimités + des prix low coast vers toutes les destinations.

Mos February 27, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Hey! open a reseller account with €300 since Dec 2010 and until today i have not been able to use it. Your service commercial & Support has not been helpful. And recently my balance has depleted by €100 with traffic from my account. I have called Customer care over 25 times and took my details but nobody contacted me. :( why?????????

FREDERICK PITTERA June 3, 2010 at 2:05 am

IT IS TIME FOR ALL INTERNETCALLS (BETAMAX GMBH) COLOGNE GERMANY SUBSCIBERS TO COME TOGETHER AND JOIN ME IN A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT FOR CRIMINAL FRAUD AGAINST THIS SCAM COMPANY OR INDEPENDENTLY CONTACT THE ATTORNEY GENERAL AT COLOGNE OR THE POLICE TO CHARGE THEM WITH STEALING MONEY FROM CUSTOMERS. BEWARE OF THEIR SCAMS TO ' TOP OFF YOUR ACCOUNT WITH MORE CREDIT' AS THIS IS THE SCHEME THEY USE TO STEAL YOUR MONEY. IF ENOUGH PEOPLE GO AFTER THESE THIEVES,PERHAPS, THIS MAY DISCOURAGE OTHER CROOKS IN THE INTERNET FIELD. CONTACT THE POLICE OR THE ATTORNEY GENERAL NOW BEFORE YOU BECOME A BIGGER VICTIM.
FREDERICK PITTERA

Selina August 22, 2010 at 8:07 am

I am w/you all the way, so if you need to get a hold of me…Contact me w/my e-mail address and we can go from their and I know a lot of ppl and they will be more than happy to help in this situation and I will also be happy to do what I can.

FREDERICK PITTERA June 8, 2010 at 4:17 am

I WISH TO ADD TO MY EARLIER POST THAT MORE CONCRETE ACTION AGAINST THE FRAUDULENT BETAMAX GMBH COMPANY OF COLOGNE ,GERMANY (INTERNETCALLS CAN BE HASTENED BY VICTIMS OF THIS CREDIT CARD FRAUD BY WRITING TO THE CONSUMER GROUP VERBRAUCHER ZENTRALE AT EISENSTRASSE1 KOLN,GERMANY AND THE BETAMAX BANK – COMMERZBANK AT NEUMARKT 39, 50667 KOLN, GERMANY OR THE FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION, WASHINGTON.D.C.IN ADDITION TO THE COLOGNE POLICE AND PROSECUTORS OFFICE!

THIS WILL BE AN EFFECTIVE MEANS TO COUNTER BETAMAX BELIEF THAT VICTIMS WILL NOT BOTHER TO ASSUME COSTS OF AN ATTORNEY TO PURSUE THEM OVER WHAT THEY BELIEVE TO BE UNDER-THE-RADAR SMALL SUMS. AND THUS CLOSE THEIR ACTIVITIES WHICH THESE COWARDS OBSCURE BY THEIR ANONYMITY, OPERATING FROM THEIR UNDERGROUND HIDEOUT LIKE THE SLIMY RATS THEY ARE.

FREDERICK PITTERA

FREDERICK PITTERA June 9, 2010 at 5:29 am

9, June 2010

To all those who have read my posts in the last several days, during which I
must say I have had active communication with Betamax GMBH Customer Service. Admittedly, it has been difficult to communicate with them, and, perhaps, owing to my above posts which I copied them with as appeared here at Sanders Corner,they came back with decent use of language in response to my vitriolic attack.

If you have trouble with account blocking – login to your account and reactivate the saving or acknowledgment of the telephone numbers you use through your access number and click the appropriate box. I was able to reactivate my account immediately without difficulty. When error is reported, go to your account page
and verify remaining balance. Then make contact through customer service. A
tough but civil text will probably get you action. If there are strange charges –
alert your credit card ,bank or pay system not to accept any charges except with your authority each time you confirm a top-off credit. So much for Cyberspace.
Good Luck!

Frederick Pittera

J June 9, 2010 at 12:48 pm

we have a monthly spend of over 4k euro with voicetrading. Since approx. 2 weeks we notice a fault at VT;

If we place a call, and that call is unanswered, and we then send a 'hangup' to their server – the VT server continues to place the call for around 15 seconds.

This affects all destinations on the VT premium route. Tests with other carriers do not have this problem and we have isolated the issue to VT.

If the person at the receiving end then answers the call after we hang-up, but while their phone is still ringing, the conection is established from VT to the recipient and we get charged. This is often the case where someone has voicemail enabled after so many seconds, and our users hangup before the VM kicks in – the call out from VT continues, the recipient VM answers – and we get charged.

3 attempts to report the problem (with logs etc) to 'customer service' have so far resulted in a polite 'dead end' response.

we have opened an account with another wholesale carrier which is active tomorrow, and are looking to replace VT as a matter of priority.

Mario July 17, 2010 at 6:54 am

Good morning, i'm an user of Betamax products since 2 years ago, with the most common brands of betamax we look that every call made of not made is regestered and discounted, that's worry, but voicetrading is very very good, but is bad not to have a human support, since 14-july I made a deposit on my account, and at this moment the money don´t appear, I hope this appear, bacause I have made about 10 deposits in the last 2 years, and this is the firts time with this problem.

kamran shahid July 31, 2010 at 9:55 am

dear
i tried to recharge my account at voip discount a few days before my card is charged but the voip discount show an error code 1200 and my card detail shows that my card is used at betamaxvoip is any one knows what can i do now
thanks

Christina August 4, 2010 at 11:23 am

Hi I also Have been scammed by Betamax Specifically By JustVoip The Tactics they use is That if you pay with a Prepaid card, what they do is they do not take they money from the credit card but rather put a hold on it, they in turn have ten working days to claim this money which they have put a hold on which does not show up on your transactions in some banks and can only be verified if you speak with someone at the bank, this may make a lot of people to pay twice because it does not show up on your voip account and you may think that the voip company never got the money, After a lot of complaining they credited my account and took the money from the credit card but started to take the credit and free days away and after complaining and loosing a few free days they give it back, as soon as they give it back the next day they take it away, another couple of days without credit and free days lost, more complaining they give it back and again the next day they take it away and now its been nearly a week and no response from them no credit on the voip account and no free days, so I think I'll take the road that FREDERICK PITTERA suggests because these guys have turned into scammers!

dedo September 2, 2010 at 4:53 pm

I am selling Ukash voucher and accounts voip betamax and dellmont
with cheap price
voip € 10 $11
ukash € 10 $14

payment i accept libertyreserve only

chat with me via ym @ blackstepz@yahoo.com

Lisa September 9, 2010 at 11:15 am

They must still be at it. I'm not even a customer of their service and my Visa got hit by them today. There is no way to get a response out of them. They reversed the charges, but took a cut on the reverse for fluctuation in currency exchange? What kind of BS is that? They can charge my account by mistake, but can't refund me the full amount they took in error because the exchange rate changed?

adrian October 7, 2010 at 8:38 am

stay away from them. i have used justvoip for two years and now they are overcharging every call i made. when i contact their customer service, they are not providing any answers but only saying about their fup policy which is not the case. i have canceled my account with them.

Akgüngör B October 30, 2010 at 3:40 am

027 26-10-2010 26-10-2010 OVERSCHRIJVING NAAR 310-1805816-53 ING BANK ENVOY SERVICES ++++KCLEU00105R4 ++++VOORWEBCALL DIREC T-GAZIHOCA51 VOIPTEL… MET KBC-ONLINE -12,19 EUR
I have sent the money by online banking on tuesday the 25 of october. But I didn't get my credit on webcall direct and it is almost a week. Can somebody help me.

Yves December 13, 2010 at 5:17 am

I paid 10 euros, it was working for 1 month, then my password (or my account) stop working. I've tried during 15 days to reach people, send email, use the abuse system, support, etc. no way!

As the name say, it is 'cheap' and cheap means 'no service'. So, yes I believe it is a fraudulent way to make money.

Yves

SZILVIA IMRE December 15, 2010 at 8:37 am

Hello!
Can somebody help me?I have sent the money by online banking almost a week-07-12-10(Sparkasse Koln Bonn-Envoy Services-KCLEU508690569-29.44EUR);but I didn"t get my credit on webcall direkt.What can I do?

Szilvia Imre December 15, 2010 at 9:05 am

HALLO
Can somebady help me?I have sent the money by online banking almost awek 07.12.2010.(Sparkasse Koln-Bonn-Envoy Services-KCLEU508690569-29.44EURO)but I didn't my crediton webcall direct.What can i do?

Natalia February 19, 2011 at 10:23 am

The same thing. A have sent the money to Envoy Services two months ago, and still have nothing in my Voipdiscount account.

Jim December 24, 2010 at 1:55 am

I also when trying to add credit get errorcode message 1200. Send voipdiscount.com requests for help and all they say is to try a different payment method.

Has anyone tried using paypal as an alternative payment option? That is what I am thinking of trying.

david January 5, 2011 at 2:34 am

I used paypal option with 12voip.com it worked fine. The service / quality can be a bit variable even with a reasonable broadband speed. Hope this helps.

S January 30, 2011 at 1:40 am

Well, I used to use them. Tha last time I bought some credit because they staterd clearly that calls to mobile phones were included in some kind of promotion. As I was unable to make a single call, i claimed to Pypal andI got a refund. Since then I got all my accounts blocked. No way to use them. They say there were fraudulent payments but of course, this is not trus. I0ve always been paying through paypal…

james griffith February 26, 2011 at 11:31 am

They are guilty of other forms of fraud. I've personally (and corporately) experienced their fraud. VoiceTrading and SIp Traffic are 2 of the firms we were doing business with (as of this past week). They don't charge according to their published rates. I have over 900 calls (in a few days) to one of their destinations where their published rate sheet shows that prefix at .014 but they charged .0845 a 600% overcharge. Those who use this group of VOIP providers already know you must maintain a possitive cash account with them to draw funds from, so they take the liberty of overcharging and removing the funds from your account without your ability to challenge. I have sent in documentation and emails to both of these firms as they are both guilty of fraudulent charges. You are hereby warned – they are dishonest and not a trustworthy company to do business with – you have been warned

Kirill Benkovitch March 6, 2011 at 6:49 am

Please anybody ANSWER ME!!
I have 3 betamax accounts:
1)100 euro disappeared and my user was deleted
2)2 other account have 10 eur,but i can not make a call,it says "you are using fraudlent betamax resseler"

WHAT TO DO?

ib April 12, 2011 at 12:26 pm

It just pulled 200Euros from my dad's MasterCard as someone obviously stole his account. It appears that they have enabled "automatic recharge" so that it would just pull the money. Also they forwarded his number to some exotic HIGH price sexy phone and just kept making the calls.

He didn't just lost his credentials, so someone must been working from the inside.

Until this incident he's been using it for few years with only mysterious charges for free calls. :D But still the price was good.

Sadly Betamax introduced this "automatic recharge" that only allows scam and really doesn't give any real benefit.

Koffi Patrick Kodjo April 15, 2011 at 3:48 am

I am so amazed,why are you stealling my money on my postpay?
Refund my money immediately.

Voip Investigator June 22, 2011 at 5:54 am

Betamax, I simply think its time you guys provided your customers with a working email and also with a working Phone number.

People have views and simply need you to clear them.

By the way whats the sip settings for Voipzoom ?