In Making Money in the Mashup Economy, GigaOm writer Anne Zelenka enumerates the ways that ome of the participants at the latest Mashup Camp have been making money.Â She includes:
- Elastic Computing (on demand services from the cloud)
- Aggregated Data Access
- Mashup Development Tools
- and…. mashup’s themselves.
I’m surprised at the failure of companies to monetize access to websites. I would think that the services provided by an Amazon, or a Google should be monetizable in other ways, other than simply through related sales of advertising or product.
||Monday, January 29, 2007 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM
||The ClockTower Pub
575 Bank Street
Next Monday night will be Ottawa DemoCamp 3.Â The format is pretty simple.Â Each presenter has 2 minutes to introduce the topic, 8 minutes to show product, and 5 to discuss with the audience afterward.Â We’ll be in the lineup, which includes:
- Nelson Ko – Citadel Rock Online Communities.Â He’ll be showing a WYSIWYG Wiki with Google maps.Â
- Scott Annan – Mercury Grove – an enterprise collaboration tool.
- Alec Saunders – Iotum – Talknow – a new presence application for Blackberry users.
- Peter Childs / Ian Graham – Distributed Calendars