≡ Menu

Feed Upgrades

Bloglet has been a handy service I’ve been using for several years to provide Saunderslog by email to any who wished to subscribe.  Periodically it breaks, though, and I have to go fix the interaction.  Well, yesterday was the last time.  While at the site fixing the feed, I discovered that the owner planned to shut it down. 

So, as of this morning, I’ve migrated my email subscriptions over to Feedblitz.  It was pretty painless, as I discovered that Feedblitz has a bloglet migration tool which moved all the subscription information.

While I was at it, I migrated all of my feed subscribers to Feedburner as well.  Steve Smith has built a handy WordPress plug-in that redirects all feed readers to the new Feedburner subscription, without you having to go build arcane .htaccess rewrite rules.  Highly recommended.

And lastly, I pointed my Feedblitz email subscription at Feedburner so I can get consistent statistics, and you can get consistent content.

What does this mean to you, the reader?

  1. Better layout.  The Feedburner/Feedblitz combo provides a wealth of tools that let me customize the layout, that I’ve just begun to explore.
  2. New features.  Email this, links from technorati, my daily Diggs, and related links from Sphere, to name a few.

{ 4 comments… add one }

  • Alec May 17, 2006, 7:11 am

    Seems that way to me too!

  • panasianbiz May 17, 2006, 10:23 am

    Sounds like you got the better end of the deal on this one! I am looking for similar tools and will probably check out Feedblitz sometime soon. Thanks for the info.

  • Dave Siegel May 18, 2006, 8:27 pm

    speaking of feedburner, something is whacky with your upper left block…the feedburner and some other image pushes the google adsense to indent slightly, covering up the left part of your blog along time top making it pretty tough to read.

    Oh yeah, it’s only happening to me in firefox. Looks fine with MSIE. It must be a missing closing table cell markup that MSIE glosses over but firefox takes literally.

    (Alec, feel free to delete after reading)

  • Alec May 19, 2006, 2:15 am

    Thanks Dave. Was the two chiclets, side by side. I had floated one left and one right. Removed the float right, and inserted a space, and it now formats correctly.

Leave a Comment